Spennymoor Town FC and Great Annual Savings Group (GAS) are looking for an outstanding, commercially-driven individual to make an impact in a unique new job role across both organisations.
On the Spennymoor Town side, this Community Events Manager will be responsible for improving match day attendances and revenue by treating every game as a commercial event opportunity, as well as increasing general ticket sales. The role holder must become a figurehead for the club in the community and a recognised link with local schools, organisations and businesses.
For GAS, they will be responsible for managing the Group’s growing events calendar, as well as playing a strategic role in executing the business’ Marketing Strategy.
Reporting into the Marketing and eCommerce Manager, this new role demands a top-quality, experienced professional with a track record of driving results through events management and stakeholder engagement.
- Work effectively with the Spennymoor Town Management Team to drive increases in attendance and match day revenue at all home games in the 2019/20 football season
- Turn match days at Spennymoor Town into events that attract and engage different audiences to expand the STFC brand and create new supporters/revenue streams
- Build links with local and regional organisations to widen the club’s sphere of influence and stimulate desire to attend STFC matches
- Run effective campaigns in conjunction with the club’s Content and Communications Advisor to drive results such as season ticket sales, events ticket sales and more
- Manage the club’s calendar of events, including the annual fundraiser, the presentation evenings and other ad hoc events
- Manage GAS’ growing calendar of events across the financial year
- Work with the Marketing and eCommerce Team at GAS to deliver the Group’s Marketing Strategy to grow the brand and deliver ROI
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- A degree level marketing or events-related qualification or post-graduate qualification with a relevant industry body
- At least three years’ experience in managing events of all sizes, purposes and levels of complexity
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, able to work on different events and campaigns for two separate organisations at once
- A track record of generating revenue and outcomes through events and marketing campaigns
- A commercial mindset to spot opportunities to maximise revenue for a non-league football club
- Experience of working in a busy marketing team
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and speaking skills with the ability to deliver quality communications and marketing material for different purposes/audiences
- A detailed knowledge and genuine love for sports, including football, to understand the possibilities on a match day
- A strong background in using events to drive revenue and building links with sponsors/businesses/organisations
- The flexibility to alter the working week to work home match days on Saturdays and some weeknights
- Full, valid UK driving license and the use of a vehicle to travel between the GAS office, the Brewery Field and the surrounding business community
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in B2B marketing
- All round ability in a range of marketing related digital tools, including email marketing platforms, Adobe design programmes, Google tools and CRM systems
- Experience in various different areas of marketing in addition to events, such as communications, PR, digital, email, content etc.
- Good knowledge of North East non-league football and appreciation of the vastness of Spennymoor’s recent progression
- Experience of the energy sector