Now in our seventh year of trading with an impressive trajectory of profitable growth, Great Annual Savings Group (or GAS as we are known to our friends) have lots to shout about; our headcount has increased by 67% in the first half of this financial year, turnover is forecast for another record year, the generosity of our people in their charitable activity and contributions is also at a record level and we’re looking to move premises into a fantastic new office before the end of this year!
With our strong sustainable sales division growing in headcount each month, the demands on our internal support functions have duly increased, and we are delighted to announce this newly created role. Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, our Credit Controller will be an integral part of the group finance function helping to drive process improvements in debt systems, influence commercial rigour and understand contractual obligations within the business.
Cash management, viewed from a commercial point of view, is integral to the growth and development of our business. As such, this role will demand someone with an inquisitive, persistent nature developed through a strong background in debtor collection and aged debtor ledgers.
We operate with a finite portfolio of external energy suppliers, but each will have a high volume of transactions per week or month. The high volume of payments needs to be reconciled accurately and consideration given to any complexities or idiosyncrasies within each of the contractual arrangements with each supplier.
This role will also assume responsibility for the full credit lifecycle, including responsibility for 1 individual and their ongoing development and training.
Where will your focus be;
- Maximise a return on a weekly and monthly cash flow by ensuring cash targets are fully realised and subsequently achieved.
- Manage and control a set ledger of commercial accounts
- Challenge and investigate debtor statements in line with commercial agreements
- Build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Produce detailed debtor reports for internal usage, highlighting to sales management areas of key risk and suggested actions to be taken
- Work with the credit team to ensure the credit control policies, procedures and processes are continually updated and reviewed as required
- Oversee all communication into Accounts Receivable
- Weekly statement preparation and distribution, also involving meetings with management
- Month end preparation and analysis
- Overall ownership of cash management and forecasting
- Working with team members, sales management and external stakeholders to resolve client queries and reconcile accounts
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Group Finance Manager
What skills and experience do you need for this role?
- Experience in a commercial credit control/procurement role for a minimum of 3 years and have a thorough understanding of the full credit lifecycle
- Previous staff management experience in either a credit control/finance/procurement function
- Enjoy working as part of a team to reach collection targets
- Have strong Excel skills and the ability to pick up new computer systems with ease
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently under conflicting deadlines
- Strong work ethic – not afraid to go above and beyond standard expectations
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have previous experience of working with Board Directors, and other senior stakeholders across a business.
- Be able to add value and reduce costs through effective process and people management
And what would you get from GAS;
- A competitive generous package, incorporating a basic plus annual bonus scheme.
- A strong team culture – we work together across all divisions and teams.
- Ongoing daily support and guidance and the chance to be mentored by experts in their field.
- Progress your skills and experience – we are confident you’ll learn something new in this role!
- Be able to make a difference – demonstrating a strong ROI and influence on process.
- …and most importantly, the chance to be part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced business.