Following the announcement of the new Energy Bills Discount Scheme (EBDS) in January, UK businesses classified as Energy and Trade Intensive Industries (ETIIs) are now eligible to apply for additional support.
Please see below for the eligibility criteria and further details on how to apply.
Who is eligible?
An organisation is considered eligible for ETII support if at least 50% of its revenue is generated from UK-based activity within eligible Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code sectors.
The discount will apply to 70% of energy volumes.
You must have a non-domestic contract with a licensed energy supplier and be:
- On existing fixed price contracts that were agreed on or after 1st December 2021.
- Signing new fixed price contracts.
- On deemed/out of contract or variable tariffs.
- On flexible purchase (or similar) contracts.
- On variable ‘Day Ahead Index’ (DAI) tariffs (Northern Ireland scheme only).
Please be aware, eligible business will have 90 days to apply starting from the launch date of 26th April 2023.
How do I apply?
You can apply for support via the UK Government’s website directly here.
If you would like to discuss the best route forward for your business following the EBDS, Great Annual Savings Group (GAS) offers free, no-obligation advice and quoting.
Simply complete a contact form and speak to one of our experts today.