Great Annual Savings (GAS) is one of the North of England’s fastest-growing companies, offering tailored procurement advice to businesses across a wide range of their variable costs including energy procurement, energy and water cost management, fire safety, telecoms and insurance. Entering our eighth year of trading, our growth is phenomenal, and our staff underpin our success.
Our finance apprentice will support the delivery of an effective financial service to the business, whilst successfully undertaking a range of personal and professional development activity.
The will be the fourth apprentice in our finance department, each of them currently following dedicated and relevant qualifications and this newly created apprenticeship will be expected to follow suit; working with a nominated training provider on a either a Business Administration NVQ (up to Level 3) with dedicated finance modules, or AAT.
The Finance Apprentice will support the group through:
- Preparation and analysis of remuneration statements (relating to commission payments for all sales staff & sales management).
- Assisting in the processing of financial transactions including purchase ledger.
- Administration support associated with the payment and verification of staff expenses.
- Assisting in administration of petty cash.
- Management of the office consumables including cash control and some stock management.
- Post opening and filing, photocopying, scanning and binding financial information
- Dealing with internal and external customers in a courteous manner on the phone or via email
- Any other admin duties required by the Finance team
Through their work the Finance Apprentice will:
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the sales process and the rewards structure available.
- Appreciate how sales impact upon the financial performance for the company and the profitability of the Group.
- Understand the role of a finance department and its influence on the company performance.
- Realise the importance of internal relationships and managing expectations.
The ideal person will have:
- A minimum of 7 GCSEs, including English and Maths at Grade 4+.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Packages, specifically, Excel.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a flexible team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Show a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals
- Be a cultural fit for GAS; happy to work independently, but flexible to change in a company experiencing rapid growth