Now in our sixth year of trading with an impressive trajectory of profitable growth, the Great Annual Savings Group (or GAS we are known to our friends) have lots to shout about; we’ve double turnover repeatedly, increased headcount dramatically, moved premises, developed a training Academy, created a field team covering the UK and beyond and we’re not finished yet!
With our strong sustainable sales division growing in headcount each month, the demands on our internal support functions have duly increased, and we are delighted to announce this newly created role. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will be an integral part of the team helping to drive our finance function to the next level in terms of commercial rigour, improvement in systems and processes and profile within the business.
As the Head of Finance is focused on supporting the decision-making process through extensive engagement and business partnering with operational teams within the organisation, this newly created role will be central to the development of the finance team, assuming responsibility for some of the existing team who focus on the transactional elements of the finance function.
This position will be based within the group finance team based at the Seaham headquarters, and so involvement in the monthly accounting cycle, forecasting and budgeting processes will also form part of the role. Equally the group has more than one business interest and the financial controls and reports for these interests will also be incorporated.
Where your focus will be:
- Weekly and period end balance sheet, and subsequent production of Management Accounts ready for review by Head of Finance.
- Supporting on weekly business reviews, providing meaningful narrative on trading variance and analysis to support the sales performance of the group.
- Supporting in quarterly forecasting and annual budget exercises.
- Full responsibility for the people completing the transactional elements of the P&L; purchase ledger, sales ledger, journals, expenses and bank reconciliations.
- Production of the monthly payroll including detailed commission payment schedules.
- Monitoring costs and expenditure, looking to reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Overseeing the smooth running of a fleet management process.
- Bookkeeping and cash management for subsidiary businesses within the Group.
- VAT returns and management of petty cash.
What skills and experience do you need for this role?
- You will be AAT qualified or equivalent, and actively studying for a professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA, or similar.
- Your IT skills with be exceptional, specifically in Excel.
- You will be accustomed to working alongside Board Directors, and other senior stakeholders across our business.
And what would you get from GAS;
- A competitive generous package, incorporating a basic plus annual bonus scheme.
- A strong team culture – we work together across all divisions and teams.
- Ongoing daily support and guidance and the chance to be mentored by experts in their field.
- Progress your skills and experience – we are confident you’ll learn something new in this role!
- Be able to make a difference – demonstrating a strong ROI and influence on process.
And our standard benefits are equally attractive;
- Up to 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), with an additional 5 days gifted for the Christmas period.
- Company Pension Scheme for all employees.
- Staff Discountportal, with over 3000 retailers offering incredible savings with all your typical high street brands, including travel & leisure. Plus fabulous cash-back schemes, enabling you to “save more on more”.
- Car Scheme, that’s attractive and easy to use, with dedicated account managers able to offer competitive arrangements to buy or lease a vehicle, with no hidden uplifts/charges.
- Health Cash Plan; via salary sacrifice, the scheme supports you and your family with the costs of everyday healthcare including dental and optical.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Life Assurance; providing up to two times your basic salary.
- Significantly discounted GAS rates for gym memberships at Virgin Active, and hotel and spa facilitieswith both the Ramside Hotel and Seaham Hall.
- Fully expensed social engagements; Hardwick Live (Summer 2018) for all employees, corporate hospitality at Sunderland, Newcastle and Spennymoor Football Clubs and black-tie dinners at both The Oyster & Lobster Festivals.
- Access to independent financial advisorsoffering mortgage advice, and will-writing services.
- Referral Scheme– we offer an incredible financial reward for the referral of individuals, paid to you when they join.
- Charity Volunteer Days – be paid whilst supporting our charitable activities.
For a confidential chat, at a time that suits you, please contact our recruitment team via 0191 500 5575, 07702 865 116 or email us.