Great Annual Savings (GAS) is one of the North of England’s fastest-growing companies, offering tailored procurement advice to businesses across a wide range of their variable costs including energy procurement, energy and water cost management, fire safety, telecoms and insurance. Entering our eighth year of trading, our growth is phenomenal, and our staff underpin our success.
The IT Systems Support team are responsible for the delivery of effective IT solutions to enable GAS to grow and develop its business, whilst meeting the needs of both its customers and suppliers.
The IT Systems Support Apprentice will support the group through:
- Administration of IT systems, including user access
- Capturing and updating changes to configuration and asset records
- Installing and configuring computer equipment and systems as directed to defined standards
- Maintenance of procedures and documentation and accurate version control of all IT processes to required standards
- Recording of time and effort expended on issue resolution, projects and other tasks
Through their work the IT Support Apprentice will:
- Support the growth of the group through effective IT system management.
- Understand the importance of process and control in the management of IT systems.
The ideal person will:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4 (or C) or higher, including English and Maths.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in Information Technology and its impact upon a business.
- Be a logical thinker
- Possess a meticulous nature, patience and be capable of working well under pressure, demonstrating ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner
- Be a flexible team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Show a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals
- Be a cultural fit for GAS; happy to work independently, but flexible to change in a company experiencing rapid growth