With a 68% increase in headcount since the start of 2019, we are massively ahead of schedule for the financial year and have been able to fast track our development plans both for head office staff and UK-wide field-based staff.
Many of our new people have been offered jobs after the closure of an organisation within our industry, and the Group were able to offer hope and opportunity to many people affected by the change.
As a result of this overnight growth, we’ve been able to create roles designed to appeal to the strongest most capable talent in the North East energy market. Reporting directly into a Team Manager, our Pricing Specialist role, or Closer, is tasked with generating revenue from business opportunities provided to them.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to utilise your significant sales experience in the energy sector, specialising in the closure of a sale, this could be a role for you; you will be a highly motivated, self-starter driven by targets and ultimately the closure of a sale. You will have a dynamic personality with the ability to influence key decision makers to ensure every quote becomes a sale.
We want people able to successfully:
- Achieve a monthly revenue target on a consistent basis, simply by closing sales passed to you from a dedicated source of leads.
- Build open and trusted relationships, not only with your customers but with the individuals tasked with generating leads.
- Understand the demands of the sector, it’s competitive nature and how tenacity and integrity will always win.
- Prioritise and time manage yourself (and possibly others).
So what’s in it for you?
Join our Platinum Achievers Club. If you’re a Top Performer in our industry you could receive…
- A basic salary of between £50,000 – £70,000 per annum – based on evidenced success
- A generous car allowance
…alongside our uncapped commission and monthly incentive schemes, and standard benefits.
Examples of just some of our people benefits:
- Holidays – 23 days + Bank Holidays + additional days “gifted” for the Christmas Period + additional days for length of service.
- Healthcare Cash Plan, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance for all employees.
- Early 3pm finish every Friday
- Charity Volunteer Days
- Staff Discount portal, with over 3000 retailers offering incredible savings with all your typical high street brands, including travel & leisure. Plus fabulous cash-back schemes, enabling you to “save more on more”.
- Significantly discounted GAS rates for gym memberships at Virgin Active, and hotel and spa facilities with both the Ramside Hotel and Seaham Hall.
- An Annual Year End Conference in July – a full day luxury corporate event to reflect on the past 12 months, followed by an outdoor BBQ, marquee and live music seeing you into the evening.
- Fully expensed social engagements; full expensed Christmas Party, music festival at Hardwick Live, weekly corporate hospitality at Sunderland, Newcastle and Spennymoor Football Clubs and black-tie dinners at both The Oyster & Lobster Festivals.
What we need from you;
- Have a minimum of 2-3 sales experience within the B2B energy market.
- Have a proven track record of success within a sales environment.
- Be able to listen and question effectively, to overcome objections.
- Be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets.
- Be able to work well under pressure.
- Have a professional phone manner, with a resilient approach.
- Be able and willing to mentor and encourage those around you.
- Be computer literate.
But why else should you consider leaving your current role, that’s perhaps like a pair of old comfy slippers?
- GAS are in this for the long-haul and have built solid foundations for our future; our growth is a well-known fact, our ownership and direction is unchanged, and our revenue and sales are undisputed and financially robust.
- We are not a call centre; there are no gimmicks, call screens or ringing bells and our philosophy is very much “carrot” rather than “stick”.
- We offer a professional working environment and a consultative sales approach; it’s all about revenue results, not minimum call times.
- Individuals manage the full end to end customer journey; acquisition, account management and renewals.
- Our support functions include dedicated in-house teams in marketing, compliance, energy management, procurement, HR and resourcing – all experts in their field.
- We have a strong innovative management team pushing for change, collaboration and growth.
- And don’t forget our free on-site car parking for all staff, in a location that’s in the opposite direction of traffic congestion and toll charges and just minutes off the A19!
For a confidential chat, at a time that suits you, please contact our recruitment team via 0191 500 5575, 07702 865 116 or email us.